Trailer Home Catches On Fire

1504

(Le Mars) — The Le Mars Fire and Rescue Department responded to a fire at Armel Acres trailer court that was reported at about 2:06 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.  The fire was inside trailer number 12 on Orchard Street.  According to Fire Chief Dave Schipper, the home owner was using a heat gun to attempt to thaw his water pipes from underneath the bathroom’s vanity when the paneling on the wall under the vanity had caught on fire, spreading quickly up the wall behind the bathroom’s vanity and mirror. Fire personnel were able to contain the fire and extinguish it before it had spread beyond the bathroom wall.  Fire officials removed burnt pieces of paneling and insulation from the trailer home.  Fire officials were on the scene for about 45 minutes.