Firefighters Respond To Apartment Fire

525

(Le Mars) — The Le Mars Fire and Rescue Department responded to an apartment that was on fire Saturday afternoon.  The alarm came in at about 3:25 p.m. According to Le Mars Fire Chief Dave Schipper, initially, a wrong address was given as to the location of the fire.

Schipper says despite given the wrong address, firefighters were able to get to the scene fairly quickly and were able to contain the blaze before it had an opportunity to do much extensive damage to the apartment complex.

Schipper says the amount of damage to the apartment complex may be estimated at around $2,000.

The Le Mars fire chief says the cause of the fire was improper disposal of smoking material.

There were no injuries associated with the fire, and firefighters were on the scene for approximately 45 minutes.