Mapleton Relief Information
Points of Need
· Catholic Church and they are taking and requesting food, cleaning supplies, bedding and towels
· Jillian Ortner has decided to serve Lunch at the Mapleton City Park this Saturday. She & Mindy Boyle will be feeding Volunteers and residents. They would love people to make some sandwiches, bars, bag up some chips, and provide beverages and they'd like to start feeding people about 11 am. Any help, either handing out food, or people dropping off what they can give, would be awesome!
· Hair stylists will be in Onawa this Saturday to do Mapleton girl's prom hair for free! If you'd like to make an appointment call 712-389-4090
· If you would like to help with the clean-up efforts you can report to the Mapleton Community Center, 511 Main St., or call 712-881-1351.
· If you would like to send monetary donations specifically for the Mapleton relief efforts, it can be sent to one of the following funds: Tornado Relief Fund C/O Valley Bank & Trust PO Box 183 Mapleton, IA 51034 Ph. No. (712) 881-1131 or Mapleton Tornado Relief Fund C/O First State Bank of Mapleton P.O. BOX 178 Mapleton, Iowa 51034 Ph. No. (712) 881-2161
· If you would like to donate to the general tornado relief fund and help all communities affected by tornados this past weekend send donations directly to the American Red Cross, 4200 War Eagle Drive, Sioux City, IA 51109
· If you would like to donate gift cards to Lowes, Home Depot or Menards those are being accepted as well at either location or at the local churches to help families rebuild.
Items of need:
· Sandwiches (hot and cold)
· Bars/Cookies, etc
· Garbage bags
· Rain ponchos
· Flash lights
· Cleaning buckets
· Clean rags
· Scrub brushes
· Rubber gloves
· Battery powered drills
· Toilet paper
· Hand soap
SIOUX CITY’S ORPHEUM THEATRE TO HOST BENEFIT FOR MAPLE VALLEY -ANTHON OTO SCHOOL DISTRICT
Monday, April 25th, at 7:00pm
$10 for adults, $5 for students and free for children under three
Tickets go on-sale Thursday, April 14th, at 4pm, at the Tyson Events Center Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster.com, or by calling 800-745-3000.
FUND RAISING BREAKFAST MAPLETON TORNADO FUND
WHAT: PANCAKE BREAKFAST
PURPOSE: MAPLETON DISASTER FUND
WHEN: SATURDAY APRIL 23, 2011
COST: FREE WILL OFFERING
LOCATION: WESTWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, SLOAN IOWA
HOSTED BY WESTWOOD COMMUNITY SCHOOLS & WESTERN IOW COOP SLOAN IOWA
This is a video essay that was put together by Talia Frenkel, national photographer that came to Mapleton to help us document the tornado.
|< Prev||Next >|