Friday, May 27, 2016
Text Size

Hinton House Fire

(Hinton) -- Both the Hinton and the Merrill Fire Departments responded to a house fire Saturday morning.  That fire, located at 32278 Indigo Road is believed to have started from a wood burning stove.  Fire crews arrived at the scene at about 6:45 a.m. and were on the scene of that house fire for nearly six hours. Hinton Fire Chief Chad Beck describes the scene upon arrival.
Listen to

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Beck says the house was totally destroyed.  There were no injuries as a result of that fire.  Later in the day, the Hinton Fire Department had to return to the same address as embers had rekindled.  Officials were on the scene a second time for about an hour.


Search KLEM

Copyright 2010, Powell Broadcasting, Website developed by iCast Interactive