The 2021 State Track and Field Meet starts tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM in Des Moines, and the Le Mars Girl’s Track team will send six events to the meet. Head Coach Tami Dunn’s team has made great strides towards the success they’re experiencing.
The physical fundamentals are important in track, but what sometimes goes overlooked is the mental. Dunn made sure that her team was well focused and had their mentality right throughout the season.
The shuttle hurdle relay, 4×100 relay, and the 4×200 relay each utilizes the talent of two freshmen runners and a sophomore runner for their success. This young talent was a bit of a question mark at the beginning of the year for Dunn.
Lilly McNaughton was not one of those question marks, however. Dunn says that her work in the offseason and during the missed 2020 season has helped lead the younger athletes to follow in her steps.
Le Mars girls track will send six events to Des Moines including:
- 100m Dash – Prelims at 12:50 PM Thursday
- 100m Hurdles – Prelims at 10:00 AM Friday
- 4x100m Shuttle Hurdle – Prelims at 9:00 AM Thursday
- 4x100m Relay – Prelims at 12:40 PM Friday
- 4x200m Relay – Finals at 10:50 AM Friday
- Long Jump – Event at 11:30 AM Friday