Kirchoff Urges Le Mars Residents To Complete Census Report

392

(Le Mars) — Every ten years the U-S government conducts a census to determine the nation’s population. People are being encouraged to complete the census as it helps determine Congressional representation, and it also helps determines how much money is allocated to communities and counties. Le
Mars mayor Dick Kirchoff says Le Mars and Plymouth County have so far had a 70 percent response. He is urging the remaining 30 percent to complete the census questionnaire. Kirchoff says it’s important for the town’s future, and he cites the road-use tax as an example.

The Le Mars mayor says the road use tax is used for street repairs within the city.

Kirchoff says the amount of money now allocated to cities across the nation has increased from $85 dollars per person to a new rate of $125 dollars per person, thus further underlining the importance to complete the census report.
Kirchoff says he hopes the city of Le Mars has grown to a population of more than 12,000 people. At the very least, he believes the town has surpassed the 10,000 population plateau.

Kirchoff says people can complete the census on-line, or there are several local entities set up to assist people with the completion of the census, including the Le Mars library and city hall.

The U-S Census officials want everyone to complete the census form as soon as possible, and in July officials will be sent to go to the communities and knock on doors to those residents that have not completed the census. It is the law to complete the census report.