We understand and are also frustrated with the current rollout of vaccines from the federal and state level as it has not been a smooth process, please be assured that we are working diligently to get all vaccinated that wish to be immunized. In an effort to keep our communities aware of the current vaccine process, Floyd Valley Community Health would like to share the following information:
- We will be able to vaccinate up to 1000 people per week when we have vaccine.
- Our current allocations from the state have been averaging 350 primary doses per week. Though we hope to start receiving more vaccine after the Long-Term Care Facilities are all vaccinated, this may not be until March.
- We are currently administering 100% of our vaccine allocation within 1 week.
- At the current 1B priority group of 65+, that means over 5000 people in Plymouth County are eligible in this tier.
- We average between 500 and 700 phone calls a day requesting to be put on the waiting list.
- With the exception of the first few hours that the appointments were offered and the phone system had interruption due to the extreme high volume, there has been no further issues with the voicemail system.
- If you have clearly spoken your name AND contact number on the voicemail, there is no need to call in again. Your name has been added to the waiting list.
- When vaccine arrives, that number of people on the waiting list are called to make appointments in order of calls received. Leaving a message does not guarantee a call back until vaccine is available for you. The waiting list is quite sizable, so please be patient.
We hope this helps a number of questions and concerns. Again, we would like nothing more than to vaccinate all that wish, but supply is not being received in a manner that will allow us to do this. Thank you again for your patience.