The 2021 State Track and Field meet is getting underway on Thursday at Drake Stadium in Des Moines, and Gehlen Catholic is going to be well-represented. The Gehlen Boy’s Track team is sending nine different events to the “Blue Oval,” and for Head Coach, Jeremy Schindler, this is unfinished business after the 2020 season was canceled.
While some Jay track athletes are going as individuals, it is the team aspect of track that the Gehlen Catholic track team values so much.
The value of team is shown in Gehlen’s ability to send five different relay teams to Des Moines.
Coach Schindler is hoping that the momentum he is seeing carries over to next weekend at state.
The Gehlen boy’s track team will participate in nine total events in Des Moines including:
- 200m Dash – Prelims at 5:30 PM Thursday
- 400m Dash – Prelims at 8:10 PM Thursday
- 800m Run – Finals at 3:00 PM Saturday
- 4x100m Relay – Prelims at 7:30 PM Friday
- 4x200m Relay – Prelims at 4:50 PM Friday
- 4x400m Relay – Prelims at 8:30 PM Friday
- 4x800m Relay – Finals at 6:40 PM Thursday
- 800m Sprint Medley – Finals at 2:20 PM Saturday
- Long Jump – 3:30 PM Thursday